I Shot My First Wedding Gig

TedG954

If they didn't actually hire me, should I pretty much count out getting any money? :nonchalance:

CLE Museum of Art 42.jpg

CLE Museum of Art 43.jpg

egosbar

curious as too why youd shoot at 1/60 , i know its plenty for the focal length but to be sure and knowing iso 400 or even 800 would not be any problem for the d800 you could of shot at 1/250 easy enough and really make sure you nail them ,
the dress also looks a blown out but i might be wrong its hard too tell on here

hey how did you put the copyrite stop i was going too download to check the blinkies, i want to do that if i can , can you do that on all sites?

Blade Canyon

hey how did you put the copyrite stop i was going too download to check the blinkies, i want to do that if i can , can you do that on all sites?

That copyright stop is very minor security. You can find the direct link to the photo file if you really want it. Don't count on that for actual protection.

These pictures make me wonder about something I brought up in another thread: are these pics being taken on the actual wedding day? That would mean the bride and groom left their wedding party just to go get shots by the Cleveland museum? I suspect a lot of couples are now getting bridal portraits done on days before or after the actual wedding ceremony.

STM

If they didn't actually hire me, should I pretty much count out getting any money? :nonchalance:

View attachment 89673

View attachment 89674

I would say that is a pretty safe bet.

I have done my share of weddings in the past and to be perfectly honest, the payback can be substantial but the amount of work and having to deal with psycho-bride, psycho-parents and every relative with a cell phone camera who get in your way is just is not worth the trouble any more.

Last edited:

kevy73

Nice stuff, shame you weren't the main tog - weddings are fun! :)

In regards to BladeCanyons post - isn't that the way weddings work in the States?

Here in Australia, your typical wedding day.

1) Get ready
2) ceremony
3) Formal family pics
4) Bride and groom and bridal party go off for a while to have photo's taken
5) Reception

Number 4 can be anything from 1 or 2 up to 5 or 6 hours depending on the ceremony time and what time they want to make their entrance to their reception.

Some Asian weddings I have photographed the bride and groom for a whole day prior to their wedding day, but it most certainly isn't the norm.