D9300 mirrorless in the future?

randyspann

- In my opinion, mirrorless is the future of digital photography. Hoping the D9300 is a mirrorless DX camera. Over the weekend had an opportunity to get my hands on an Olympus OM-D E-M10. Big bright viewfinder with live histogram, all in the size of not much bigger than my v1. And plenty of external controls, much like a D7100. Lenses, Olympus has affordable lenses! V1 has a 32mm prime for around $900 and a VR 70-300 for about a grand! (V3 for $1200): Come on Nikon, wake up!

Rick M

Nikon needs the D9300, if it exists, to be a mirrorless. They have enough mirrorless technology from the V series to create a serious player in the market. If they don't, it will be yet another example of why they their stock and leadership is in the dump.

Rick M

- In my opinion, mirrorless is the future of digital photography. Hoping the D9300 is a mirrorless DX camera. Over the weekend had an opportunity to get my hands on an Olympus OM-D E-M10. Big bright viewfinder with live histogram, all in the size of not much bigger than my v1. And plenty of external controls, much like a D7100. Lenses, Olympus has affordable lenses! V1 has a 32mm prime for around $900 and a VR 70-300 for about a grand! (V3 for $1200): Come on Nikon, wake up!

This swayed me away from the V3, they have some sweet lenses, but nothing serious long (yet). They are working on a 300mm f4 (600mm!) which looks to be kick ass along with their new 12-40 2.8 (24-80) which is top of the line in the mirrorless world. Oly has carved out a nice niche and Nikon is just watching it happen.

Not sure were I'm gonna drop my coin yet, but Oly convinced me to not buy the V3 for now.

Last edited:

Blacktop

There isn't enough price difference between the D7100 and the D610 to warrant a D9300. They can't stick a DX camera between these two price points. JMO

Rick M

The only hangup with the oly is, like the v3, no ISO steps between 800-1600, why? When they know any small sensor is challenged.