D4s Differences - UK, European, Asian (Hong Kong)

GTMonster

Hi All, As I travel between Asia, Europe often I am curious as to if there are any differences between D4s models sold in these locations. Can anyone advise? I know that there Warranty for the Asian model will not be honoured in the UK or Europe and vise versa. This is not an issue. The model in HK is 2/3rd the UK cost! If there is no difference then I think that's the way I shall buy. My concerns are that there are differences in the software, firmware, or compatibilities with accessories ie flashes lenses. Please can anyone advise? Thanks

FastGlass

I asked this same question when I was looking and got this as an answer. No there is no difference. Which is why it has a billion language options. The differences lye in the warranties. Where you buy it and is it covered where you live.

Belo

My D4s is from Japan, only difference I have noticed is the charger lead and the fact that the menu was in Japanese. Oh I only have Japanese and English menu options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SteveH

I used DigitalRev to buy my D7100, and they repackage the camera with a UK charger and their own warranty which covers your camera for 1 year, with optional 3 year extension. For the savings I made (£200) it was well worth it and I'd not hesitate in recommending them. The manual was Japanese, but they give you a link to download the English version.