Intro from NC

ashleyn858

Hello everyone,

Ashley here, from NC, I found this site last week when researching problems with an 18-55mm lens I purchased. I received amazing feedback from other posters and feel this will probably be a new regular stop for me in the learning process so I figure I should make an official intro. I have always been super interested in photography growing up but didn't have the chance to get involved, but a few years ago I bought a used Nikon d40 with a 55-200mm lens and fell in love with it and started learning. I'm still pretty new to everything, but I finally figured out (I think :eek:) the basics and decided to upgrade to the d7000. I only use it to take pictures of my family and vacation but I would like to improve as much as I can.

Last edited:

fotojack

Welcome to the forum, Ashley. Hope you learn lots here. Sorry I couldn't help you with the D40 Setup Guide, but I certainly can with your D7000. :) I'll email you the Setup Guide for it right now.

ashleyn858

Welcome Ashley!
Did you manage to get your lens returned or a refund?

Yes, I did, thank goodness. I was worried it would be a hassle because I went back to look at the original listing for it to see if there was any sign of damage I notice the issue with the aperture blades in one of the pictures. When I looked at the pictures before buying it I thought it was just a glare on the lens, but after I saw it in the lens and tried taking pictures of it to post here I realized it wasn't a glare.