GPS to set camera date/time?

RocketCowboy

Still waiting for the camera body to arrive either today or tomorrow, but got me thinking...

Since the 5300 has an embedded GPS for geotagging, does the camera have the ability to set date/time from that GPS signal?

Traveling internationally, I'm not always aware of the local timezone, so thought it would be easy enough to implement, but could see where the camera may not interface quite the same way.

Am I out in left field? (No pun intended)

Last edited:

Horoscope Fish

My GF shoots with a D5300, and I don't think it will do what you're asking. Still, you could download the manual from Nikon and take a look at that. You probably have been meaning to spend some time with your new cameras manual, anyway... Right? :)

RocketCowboy

My GF shoots with a D5300, and I don't think it will do what you're asking. Still, you could download the manual from Nikon and take a look at that. You probably have been meaning to spend some time with your new cameras manual, anyway... Right? :)

Seems logical which is why I asked. In advance of the camera getting here, I've been reading one of the guides I got off the Kindle store for usability of the camera, but hadn't gotten to the section that covered the GPS. But yeah, I'm reading! :)