D610 Issues ?

JayKnip

I'm not sure what these spots are, but this is the second time I've seen them in two different images taken with two different lenses ? Spots.jpgSpot1.jpg

JayKnip

The first photo with 3 spots was shot with a Sigma 85 1.4 shot at 1.4 with a B&W filter, and the second was shot with a Tamron 70-200 2.8 shot at 2.8 with a B&W filter and the spot is on her forehead.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
But they don't seem to be in the same place on the images. Are they? It's kind of difficult to judge on the small pictures posted. Could you post a 100% crop of the area affected if it is the same place on the sensor?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm not an expert in camera repairs, but it does look like a hot pixel or two, or three... I would send these sample images to a Nikon service center and ask for their opinion. I suspect they will want the camera shipped for repair (but I don't work for them).

But does it happen all the time or just from time to time? Are the spots always at the same exact spot on the pictures? Do some more testing to determine these facts before contacting them. The more munition you have, the more precise their diagnostic could be.

Good luck and let us know hoe it turns out.

JayKnip

These are the only two images I've found that contained them, but I've only had the camera for two weeks that I bought from B&H so I guess I could just send it back for a new one.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
These are the only two images I've found that contained them, but I've only had the camera for two weeks that I bought from B&H so I guess I could just send it back for a new one.

Before sending it back, I would try more shots with dark backgrounds and different iso settings. And see how often these occur. If they don't then it's something else.

And if it only happens once in a blue moon, these tiny spots are really easy to deal with in post processing.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
My D90 has one hot pixel that shows up at ISO 400 or higher. Does yours show up at low ISO's? I noticed these were taken at higher ISO's (800 and 3200). When I originally searched online to see what is done for hot pixels, all they do is some type of remapping so I haven't sent in my D90. For me it is one spot which is easily removable during post processing. Have you used this D610 for a lot of photos at high ISO's or for extended shutter times (such as 1 second and longer)? Those seem to create hot pixel problems although not everyone gets them.

JayKnip

Thanks everyone, they are hot pixels as said by Nikon themselves so I've sent it back to B&H and they're sending me a new one. Thanks for the help.