Any Nikon 35/2 fans out there?

TedG954

I got a 35/2 with my used D700 a few years ago.

I liked the lens, but I got caught up in the "zoomers" and didn't use the 35/2. It was near perfect and I had paid $150 for it (which was a real bargain) and I sold it last year for $200 (which was still a bargain).

I still have a 20/2.8 and a 50/1.8. There seemed to be a void since the 35/2 was sold. So....... I just bought a used, but supposedly "perfect", 35/2 for $250 (which I still consider a bargain).

I know everyone thinks the 35/1.4 is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but the 35/2 has excellent reports from people who actually use them. And, I generally shoot outdoors at f4 or above.

I prefer the reviews on forums like FM, and real examples on sites like Flikr. I don't trust the professional writers/reviewers. The "reviews" of a hundred actual users means far more to me than one blogger's opinion.

So, back to the original question..... does anyone else like this lens as much as I do?

gqtuazon

Gear Head
So, back to the original question..... does anyone else like this lens as much as I do?

I'm sure there are some people who have used that lens. I am not a fan of the "D" lenses anymore and prefer the newer optics of the Nikon 35mm f1.8G FX lens as an alternate to the f1.4G version. However, for most DX users, the 35mm f1.8G DX lens is the best bargain lens IMO.

TedG954

I am really pleased to have this lens back in my arsenal. Super lightweight and it works like a charm.

CLE Botanical Gardens 6b.jpg

CLE Botanical Gardens 3b.jpg

Last edited:

TedG954

Thanks. I changed the photo so no one will be confused. Less PP better displays the lens' ability.

Last edited:

ChristianBender

I have one and I'm a fan. It's a very discreet lens. Great for traveling and street photography. It gives you a lot of light if you need it and can give a nice Bokeh for the money. The 35mm F/1.4G would be amazing for someday, but this is definitely a favourite of mine for now. I probably shoot it and my 85mm the most. I just got my 24mm so we will see I guess. I did just send my 35mm back to Nikon for recalibration as it was missing focus on me, I haven't used it too much since it came back.