Do you know?

ohkphoto

Snow White
Do you know what this is, can you decipher it, and what does this have to do with photography?

img.png

ohkphoto

Snow White
What did you use to read this? I had never seen these "kind of barcodes" until I found an article about it via twitter.

johnwartjr

I have an app on my Droid that reads them. It will scan any barcode. It has multiple uses, though, I could scan a barcode on a product in a store, and it will give me a list of retailers that sell it, as well as their prices and potentially reviews; I could scan an ISBN off a book and it will give me information on the book, etc.

They have barcodes on the pinball machines in the Pinball Hall Of Fame And Museum in Vegas, scan the barcode, it takes you to a webpage with a bit of information on that particular game, and a local realtor I know puts barcodes on his flyers for various properties that you can go to for more information, etc.

ohkphoto

Snow White
I had to download an application for my droid . . . so now it reads it.
If you want to generate your own code, here's a link: QR Code Generator

If you need ideas how to use it, look here.

I created a code for my phone number, then "read" it with my cell phone. All I had to do to call was push the call button. In this world of "instant access", it might something for photographers to look at.

QR = quick response

ohkphoto

Snow White
numbers in the bathroom stalls????

Bathroom stalls make for some interesting reading!

OK . . . I need some help with the texting lingo here. . .ROFLMFAO -- got the the first 4 letter "Rolling on the floor laughing ? . . ." What's the rest?