Nikon D4 with 85mm 1.4G: Sunday Portraits in Boston Garden

crycocyon

Wandered around the park today...crowded today because it was 73.4 F (23C) for the high today. I wasn't sure which topic to put this under but I guess most of the photos have people in them so I thought the portrait section would do fine. :)

_DSC7532.jpg

_DSC7542.jpg

_DSC7539.jpg

_DSC7551.jpg

_DSC7565.jpg

_DSC7594.jpg

_DSC7721.jpg

_DSC7603.jpg

_DSC7607.jpg

_DSC7613.jpg

_DSC7615.jpg

_DSC7665.jpg

_DSC7682.jpg

_DSC7733.jpg

_DSC7701.jpg

_DSC7725.jpg

_DSC7742.jpg

_DSC7777.jpg

_DSC7735.jpg

_DSC7659.jpg

grandpaw

You have some nice pictures here but I would consider zeroing out your EV compensation and getting rid of the -0.33EV setting. They seem to be a tad under exposed to me. Or you could lighten up the shadows a little.

crycocyon

You have some nice pictures here but I would consider zeroing out your EV compensation and getting rid of the -0.33EV setting. They seem to be a tad under exposed to me. Or you could lighten up the shadows a little.

Thanks for the feedback. Actually, they were much brighter and contrastier for some odd reason in the raw NEF files than you see here post-Lightroom adjustment. I should have actually gone -0.5 or -0.7 on this day as it was a very bright day and I had to pull down the highlights a lot on these to get detail back (like the swans on the boats were completely washed out for example, you couldn't even see the "feathers" on their wings). And they also actually look fine to me at least on my calibrated monitor. But also it is partly a stylistic choice as I like things to be a bit de-saturated and not so over-the-top in terms of color saturation/contrast.

Attachments

• _DSC7682.jpg
    _DSC7682.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 65

crycocyon

Follow-up.....hey you are right, on my monitor at work the photos look a tiny bit darker than my monitor at home. Maybe I'll try, for fun, calibrating my work monitor, which is a Samsung, while my home monitor is an ASUS.