Nikon S5200 Hangs after pressing DELETE or PLAY button!!! HELP PLEASE :(

catalyst

Hi all!
I just bought a nikon camera (s5200) a few days ago. It was working fine but today when I turned it on and pressed DELETE button, it stopped working.... its screen goes BLACK and NO KEY WORKS, it hangs and LENS also remain opened!!!
To make it work I have to remove battery and then insert it again to make it work but again it stop working if I press PLAY BUTTON (which is used to view photos :( ). Guys Please help me I need it tonight!!!
if you need any info please reply, i will reply asap! :)
sorry if my english hurts you! :p

PLEASE do not remove this thread for posting in wrong section coz i am new in froums and don't know a section where i should post it :p
guys help please please please i need this shit tonight and the camera is not mine :( :'(

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
First thing you could try would be to format the card in the camera. Then I have to ask, why is it that right after turning the camera on you pressed "delete"? Or were you looking at pictures and trying to delete some? There is also a two button reset function built on most Nikon cameras, try to download a user manual and see what they are on that particular model. A lot of times a reset will work. If it doesn't , then the camera will need a trip to the Nikon shop... If it's not yours, then you might be in trouble there...