Moving from D3100 to the D7100

Skwaz

Hi guys new on here and not very keyboard literate so forgive
had the 7100 for about 4 months after using 3100
and they are light years apart
the 7100 is awesome so much control, quality, and the results are fantastic
I see many post on here from members considering the move to 7100 I can only say DO IT
you will not regret it
when I work out how and where to post some of my work I hope for some constructive criticism

Blacktop

Re: D7100

Hi guys new on here and not very keyboard literate so forgive
had the 7100 for about 4 months after using 3100
and they are light years apart
the 7100 is awesome so much control, quality, and the results are fantastic
I see many post on here from members considering the move to 7100 I can only say DO IT
you will not regret it
when I work out how and where to post some of my work I hope for some constructive criticism

Well yea, the 7100 is fairly new technology and the price is about 4 times as much. It better be awesome.

Skwaz

Thanx blacktop thanx Pedroj
Down your side of the world in Dec to see ny daughter in NZ
Planning a trip to Milford Sound can't wait

Pretzel

Nice shots! That 3rd one feels a little overexposed in a couple of spots (guessing it was the longer exposure to get the running water), but the scenery makes me jealous! LOVE the first shot with the moss covered tree!

Skwaz

Thanx pretzel
seen your posts respect man good stuff
by the way the third picture was taken in Malham N yorkshire
and a scene from one of the Harry Potter films was taken on top of the the cliff that you see it's actually called Malham Cove and several million years ago was a waterfall hell that must have been awesome
end of history lesson

Lawrence

Thanx blacktop thanx Pedroj
Down your side of the world in Dec to see ny daughter in NZ
Planning a trip to Milford Sound can't wait
You'll love the sounds.
As pretty as the Sounds are the trip getting there is just as beautiful.
You have an excellent eye and great photos on this thread.

wev

Contributor

You have a good eye for comp, something a billion dollar camera can not compensate for.

Pebbleheed

The last one is good. Try it with an ND filter for a longer exposure time and frame it without the branches to the left and you'll have a stunning photo.

I use the D7100 too and agree. It's amazing. The control alone is worth the extra cash but the image quality is miles better than anything I've used in the past from nikon or canon.

John Gray

Great pictures...I love my 7100..the 7000 was great but the 7100 is just outstanding..love the extra crop mode and the I button.