Battery Recall Warning!!

fotojack

********RECALL - RECALL - RECALL********
To all Nikon D800/e, D7000 and D600 owners that use a EN-EL15 battery, take them out of your camera asap, these are being recalled if it has a certain serial number
Details
Determine if your EN-EL15 battery pack is affected.......
This voluntary recall is limited to EN-EL15 battery packs in lots E and F. First, please confirm that “EN-EL15” is printed on the label of your battery pack. Then, please locate the 14-digit lot number beside the recycle symbol, as shown on the photo below.
If the 9th character of the lot number is E or F, your battery is among those being recalled.
If the 9th character of the lot number is any other letter, your battery is not affected by this recall.
There's a form on this page to get new batteries
http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Service-...-Rechargeable-Li-ion-Battery-Pack-Recall.html

DraganDL

No problem for me, here: this letter is "L". My backup, clone battery also works like a charm (costed me 25$, and it's capacity is declared as "2550mAH";)).

SkvLTD

Mine's fine. My Chinese generic has been fine too, although doesn't last quite as long as official.

I think when they're ready to pop you're most likely to get that while charging and it happened to one of my chinese batteries for my 5100. All it did was freak the charger out (and it blinked very rapidly) and the casing bloated a little bit. Tossed it into rubbish and used the other 3 perfectly fine.