P7800 awesome deal maybe?

Kias

Pulled the trigger on a P7800 this morning. Couldn't resist.

Last Monday I finally decided on this one. I shop around on line all over the place. Hit Amazon first and saw it for $373.94 sold by J&R Music and Computer World. (A very legit company). Then went to B&H, Adorama, they both had it for $540ish... Couldn't figure out why it was so high, and went back to Amazon where the price had now jumped to $546.95, but no longer sold by J&R, it was sold and shipped by Amazon. Thought that was really strange, so decided to put off the purchase. Didn't really want to spend much over 350 on a P&S. Went straight to J&R's website jrmusic.com to find they closed their brick and mortar store (and apparently their website) so they can build and open a really cool looking store in 2015. But it said I could still buy from them on Amazon and Ebay in the meantime. Well, I don't know what happened to the $373 P7800

So I started looking at P330 and P340 instead. Almost pulled the trigger on a P340 this morning, but thought I'd look at the P7800 again. Low-n-behold, it came up on Amazon sold and shipped by J&R Music again for $373.94! So as fast as I could click buy, enter my password, and do all that, it was done.

jrmusic.jpg

The funny thing is that regular shipping (6-8 days) cost a dollar more than the Expedited shipping (2-3 days)

Then, right after I ordered it, I went into the "My Orders" section of Amazon, clicked on the P7800 link I just purchased, and it went to this screen... Now being sold and shipped by Amazon, again...
jrmusic1.jpg

I don't know if this is a Grey Market camera from J&R or what, but I've ordered a lot from J&R in the past, and have never had one problem with them. I'll guess we'll see when it shows up. I guess if you're in the market for this camera, might want to check Amazon for a week or two. Seems they're flipping back and forth.

I'll update this when it shows up, if it shows up, hopefully it shows up, they already took the money! LOL

Kias

Ack! That's $175 more than I paid for the P7800! Plus it's a Canon... Can't get full use of a Nikon speedlight on top of a Canon!

I have the D7000 if I need a bigger sensor. And if I need a smaller sensor, I have my phone. So, now I'm covered all around now!

Kias

Noooo!!! Ok, it was too good to be true. They cancelled the order, said it was out of stock. LOL!

No harm done really.

Ordered a Canon G15 from BH as it was on sale for $299. It'll be here Friday. Should be good enough for the concert in two weekends. They do allow cameras, just not DSLR's, even though I saw lots of them last year. Asked one guy if they gave him a hassle, he said they didn't even say a word! He had probably around a 300mm lens on it. We have VIP tickets this year, and we'll be right up on the stage. I'm almost certain they'd freak out if I had managed to get my D7000 past the gates and took it up on stage. I wanted something that had semi descent low lightability, zoomability, and RAW photos just in case I had to try and rescue some bad photos.

Guess I'll wait until J&R opens back up in 2015 before ordering from them again. I did some research, J&R was located 1 block from the twin towers in NY. Guess they lost millions of dollars in stock on 9/11. Kind of tragic. They've started liquidating their stock lately. Probably why the price was so low.