Meike Battery Grip For Nikon D5300, D5200, D5100 not working with D5300

TotalFreestyle

Hi everyone,

I just bought a BRAND NEW Nikon D5300 and I'm very excited to use it, however, I also bought a Meike battery grip because I was told it would work with the D5300 since it worked with the D5100 & D5200. Plus, there is a video online pretty much saying it's for it (

Meike Battery Grip For Nikon D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000 - Unboxing And Overview - YouTube ). When I insert the battery grip in to my camera, I get an error message that says:

"This battery can not be used. Choose battery designated for use in this camera."

How can I make this work? Any ideas? Ever hear of this?

Thank you.

Michael

mikew_RIP

Are you using a Nikon battery,mine on the D5100 did not like none Nikon battery's,i could get it to work by changing them round.

Welcome to the forum

TotalFreestyle

Hi Mike,
I have tried the grip with Nikon batteries and also new Vivitar batteries and no luck. But, the batteries both the Nikon and the Vivitar work in my D5300 perfectly fine.
AND, the grip works fine in my friends D5100 with either set of batteries (the Nikon or the Vivitar). Very frustrating.

I really wanted to use the grip with my camera this weekend at Camp Woodward for the extra juice for tons of shots and video.

Thanks for the reply and the welcome :)

Mike D

RRRoger

I am using a Meike (MK-D5200) grip on my D5300 camera with no problems.
I have two Vivitar1900 mAh batteries inserted.
My main purpose was to get the camera up off the TriPod mount so I could spin the lens rings.

Last edited:

RocketCowboy

Micheal, did you ever get resolution on this? I'm looking for a grip for my D5300 as well, but hesitating on the Meike until I get more info.