Hello from Chicago

John Braden

Hi there! My name is John and I'm new to DSLRs and Nikon. I have used Canon PowerShot SXs in the past and now I have the resources and the will to learn "real" photography with my first DSLR. I have a D5300 with 18-140mm f3.5-5.6, a 50mm f/1.8, and a 50-300mm f/4.5-5.6. I travel to Japan every year and I hope my trip in 10 days will be filled with awesome Nikon photos!

I'm glad to have found this site and I hope to learn a lot from you all!

Whiteguy492

Welcome John! Where in the Chicago area? As you can tell, I'm way up north in Antioch!

I have only been with Nikonites for about 8 days now and they have already shown me and taught me a lot of stuff about taking better pictures.

John Braden

Welcome John! Where in the Chicago area? As you can tell, I'm way up north in Antioch!

I have only been with Nikonites for about 8 days now and they have already shown me and taught me a lot of stuff about taking better pictures.

Hello Whiteguy492! I live on the northside, in Lakeview-5 blocks from Wrigley Field. I hope to broaden my photographic knowledge here by reading many threads and asking pertinent questions!

RON_RIP

Welcome and I certainly would like to see photos shot from that glass box on the side of the old Sears Towers, if they all it. Just a thought

Whiteguy492

Welcome and I certainly would like to see photos shot from that glass box on the side of the old Sears Towers, if they all it. Just a thought

I'm going downtown in a month. If John doesn't beat me to it, I'll take some.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

John Braden

Thank you all for the warm welcome! And RON, I will try one of these days. I'm more interested in the Sanriku Coast and Hiroshima, Japan right now! ;)