The AE lock

sorabh

Hi Guys

This is probably another one of my many stupid questions but as this forum has been such a big help in the past I thought id ask anyway .......

How would one go about using the AE Lock >? is the AE lock button pressed whilst focusing ? do you have to keep the button pressed before taking the next shot ?

... and when would one want to use the AE lock -is it typically just for HDR images

Again sorry if its such an obviously stupid question

thank you

Horoscope Fish

Hi Guys

This is probably another one of my many stupid questions but as this forum has been such a big help in the past I thought id ask anyway .......

How would one go about using the AE Lock >? is the AE lock button pressed whilst focusing ? do you have to keep the button pressed before taking the next shot ?

... and when would one want to use the AE lock -is it typically just for HDR images

thank you
Not a stupid question at all.

Here's an informative article that explains what this button does and when you might want to use it.

MeSess

Hi Guys

thank you

I have this button set to AF-on so I don't have to hold the shutter button halfway down to focus. You can google back button focusing and see the benefits of this for moving subjects etc.

Last edited: