Nikon D600 Shutter Mechanism Replacement

d131979

Dear Friends,
I gave my camera to service in Nikon Service center in Bangalore, India Before sending it to the service center my shutter count was 16,390 after I got back the camera from the service center, the shutter count showed 16404, i immediately called the service center in Bangalore, India and told them that the shutter count remains almost the same and i think you guys have not changed the shutter mechanism.
Also in the Job sheet they dint mention that they have replaced the shutter mechanism, it only says that cleaning has been done. But the service engineer told me that it has been changed.
The email i received is as follows

Dear Mr. Kumar,

In reference to your query, we like to inform you that service engineer has replaced the shutter mechanism with the upgraded one as per the precautionary measure.

As per the instruction, the shutter count remains same as it was before the change of shutter, therefore, service team has done the necessary.

Therefore, we expect your kind understand as we don’t want our valuable customers to suffer.

Please note that NIKON SUPPORT email address is changed to [email protected].

Thanks & Regards,
NIND SUPPORT

How is it possible, if they have changed the shutter mechanism wont is show the shutter count from one? How can we believe Nikon, are they cheating me!!!! can someone please share their knowledge on this matter, I am really confused.

Regards
Deepak

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
Yes to Jake's comment. I had my D600 shutter replaced twice but the shutter count never reverted to zero. That wouldn't be good for cameras when it comes to buying used. This way it keeps track of a more accurate shutter count.

SkvLTD

Just make a rough note on what count you had prior to sending it in and sub that from the current one. Not a huge deal IMO as long as new one works as it should.