Copyright in D7000

Jon

Hello all,

I am not sure if this is true to all dslr's but the D7000 has the option of attaching copright information. My question now is how do I put this to be visible in the picture? Thanks.

PavementPilot

In your menu settings, there is a comment tab. You can enter your '(c)your name year' info there. Just remember to change the year and the end of the year.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi Jon,
If I were you , I wouldn't put it right on the original file. This could easily be done in post production (lightroom, photoshop or Aperture). Because if ever you want to have a clean pic, you'll have it then.
I do this when I do export my work copies from Aperture.
Sorry, but I think I misread the original post. I thought you were talking about the filigram signature on the actual picture. Pavement pilot is right, there is an option for copyright, but I don't know where it goes from there.

Marcel

Last edited:

fotojack

Pavement Pilot is correct. If you want your copyright to be visible on the front of your pictures, use a program such as TSR Watermark Image. Do a Google on it.

Ranie

Any comment or copyright that you set on your camera will be on the metadata or EXIF only. It won't be visible on your pictures.

Last edited by a moderator: