Nikon D70s mirror stuck and picture not captured in higher shutter speed prob solved

niraj

I was just worried my shutter component was malfunctioning and initially it started taking pictures with overexposed lining below in higher shutter speed. Once while taking pics flip mirror got stuck and and Err was blinking in display panel, i solved the Error problem by removing battery fully charging and placing it in camera, took pics but sensor could not take pics at higher shutter speed above 150, same problem as overexposed lining in pics it took and not snappy as before. After exploring the shutter mechanism in net for several days i just took the risk to put a machine oil Finex-100 in the snout which controls the aperture of lens ( that moves up and down while shutter button is pushed) and the spring at the end of flip mirror ( pulled the mirror up and saw at the end connecting point) . Next day i noticed the camera is taking pictures at high shutter speed but still some overexposed lining remaining but smaller than before. I added more oil in the same area and left for a night, next day i clicked and found the camera more snappy and no overexposed lining as well and finally was taking pics at higher shutter speed as well. I don't know may be the mechanical part might have caught dirt and jammed the mechanism cause shutter curtain was fine as i checked it and may be the oil loosen the parts from dirt.
It may or may not help others but trying saved my 50$.
Some pics after i fixed my camera.

Last edited: