Protecting Your Photos

Flash Pot

Not that I'll ever have any worthy of protecting, but is there a way to protect your photographs so no one else takes credit for it? (Sorry if this is in the worng section of the forum)

Michael J.

Keep photos at home in a safe ;)

Honestly, I think there is no way to protect your photos real that no one can take it, steal it, etc..

MeSess

I figure I'll always just post those pictures that I think are worthy of sharing but I wouldn't care if someone posted it somewhere. If I were pro and I made money off of my photos I definitely wouldn't post any of the good ones.

SkvLTD

So far I haven't had the need for a full-size WM, even for some paid gigs prior to receiving payment, but as soon as I hit something big enough I'll definitely start doing that instead of relying on good morals.

dukatum

Not that I'll ever have any worthy of protecting, but is there a way to protect your photographs so no one else takes credit for it? (Sorry if this is in the worng section of the forum)

Watermarks are normally removed in photoshop, so it's pointless and probably ruined your image putting it on there. You could put it in a discrete place but then that kind of defeats the object of "hey this is my picture, see my name". Low rez will reduce the amount of usage.

BUT: honestly why would you want to stop it?
(a) If individuals are using it, what does it matter? Not like they can follow up if someone said "hey man, nice work, can you show me your otherwork and we might hire you"
(b) if some company is using it, you can then take them to court \0/ cheer. Lots of money to be had.

Pop on to images.google.com and smack that camera icon. It'll then let you upload (or url link) to an image and do a search to show you where they have found that image being used on the 3 W's.
Capture.PNG
It'll only find what's in their database, and it'll find similar images to. It's not perfect but it's a good starting point for tracking down people using your images "on the line".