New from NW Florida

jlcolvin

Hello everyone, I'm Jason and I currently live in the Florida panhandle. I got my first DSLR (D5100) about a year ago; my wife and I saved up our cash back bonus money and purchased 15 gift cards for crutchfield to get the camera body, a 15-55mm and a 55-200mm lens. I started volunteering my time at local animal shelters to help out and get more experience with the camera. I took an intro to digital photography course at the local adult education center to solidify my starting point and make sure I had the basics.
I enjoyed volunteering so much that I decided to start a "business" that would allow me to still volunteer and have a recognizable logo for the shelters and rescues. I have had some friends ask for me to do some family portraits for them so I am looking forward to starting to try that aspect. The name of the company is Friend of a Friend Photography because that is feel that I wanted to have, just like a friend of a friend, but with hopefully professional looking photos :D.
I am looking forward to learning a lot more, I am currently looking at and comparing different lenses.

Friend_of_a_Friend_Color_Logo_1.sized.jpg

Blacktop

Welcome. Love that you are volunteering at the local shelter and rescue.
Those poor guys need all the friends they can get.

Love the logo!