Putting Watermark on All Images In Lightroom

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Wondering if anyone can tell me how to include watermarks on all of my images in Lightroom? I have made my watermark, but can find no options to include it on all of my photos unless I export the image. Please help.

Thanks.

Dave_W

The Dude
When you go to "export" your image you'll see an option to put watermark on image. Assuming, of course, that you've loaded the watermark image into Lightroom. If not, do it via "Edit" pulldown menu

BackdoorArts

You don't actually put one on in Lightroom, but you can apply one when you export a photo from Lightroom. In the Export dialog there is a Watermarking section where you can apply a variety of watermarks, from text to vector graphics. I have a variety of presets so I can choose Left, Right, Dark and/or Light rather quickly for each photo. I also have different sizes for vertical vs. horizontal. Mine are all text, but I'm working on vector graphics.

STM

I don't know how to use Lightroom but if I may make a suggestion about watermarks. Try to make them as small and unobtrusive as possible. You don't want your watermark to detract from the image or compete with the image for the viewer's attention. The simpler the better. I usually place them in the lower left o right corners and reduce the opacity to about 60%

fotojack

There's a standalone watermark program called TSR Watermark. Do a Google on it and check it out for yourself. Eliminates a lot of hassle.

carguy

I agree with the above, Lightroom is non-destructive. You add the watermark to the version you EXPORT and save as a seperate file (JPG usually).

Hassle free :)

sonicbuffalo_RIP

I just thought with the amount of $$$ you spend on Lightroom, it should have a preview window for watermarks so you can see what it will look like before you export it. Thanks for all the posts on this thread, though, and I can see why Lightroom doesn't embed the watermark in the original image.

Blacktop

I just thought with the amount of $$$ you spend on Lightroom, it should have a preview window for watermarks so you can see what it will look like before you export it. Thanks for all the posts on this thread, though, and I can see why Lightroom doesn't embed the watermark in the original image.

There is a preview window.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

where.....I see a very small window where you can adjust the size of the watermark.....is that what you're talking about? I guess I shouldn't complain....Lightroom is a good program with a steep learning curve.

SkvLTD

Why I don't like LR, but anyways... I feel that a decent sized ones are better because it helps prevent image theft/spread without crediting you back, IF and only IF you even care. I'm about to start building up a proper site and thus use full-rez images/try my luck at direct print sales, and I'd surely hate people ripping such pics out and doing whatever they please. A big, fat, and mostly transparent WM can easily take care of the problem.

I find that say, Ross Haflin does it just right-

1901127_487078048059498_4436168450478472374_n.jpg

No matter where his shots end up past his site/facebook, you'll surely know where they came from and won't be able to crop the WM out.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

When exporting, when I select Edit Watermark in the Watermarking... drop down I get the same size preview of my image with the watermark applied as I had in the Library module. Not sure I'd call that "chincy". Are you looking somewhere else?

Yes....thanks again Jake....I'm new to both my D7100 AND Lightroom....so I'm dangerous to myself....lol

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Jake....it does show a preview, but my watermark is so small on the preview pane that I can barely read it....I know I can make it any size I want by dragging the borders, but I guess I was just hoping to see the same image as what will appear when I download the image.