Switched from micro four thirds to D7100...

mathom33

and I'm not regretting it at all! The depth in detail and color is so much better than the last setup I had! The speed of the lenses and shutter are twice as fast and the noise levels seem to be lower at the same levels.

Here are some photos I took today while trying to learn the new system.

arusyru6.jpg
ydyhy2eh.jpg
udupanur.jpg
vutavude.jpg
uva3apus.jpg
e9uva2ap.jpg
pymatumy.jpg

DraganDL

Welcome to Nikon(ites)!
This dog jumping to catch the ball is a beautiful photo...

"and the noise levels seem to be lower at the same levels." - Here you probably meant "...at the same ISO values". But, of course - bigger sensor (mainly) is responsible for that. What 4/3 brand/model did you have?

Last edited:

mathom33

Welcome to Nikon(ites)!
This dog jumping to catch the ball is a beautiful photo...

"and the noise levels seem to be lower at the same levels." - Here you probably meant "...at the same ISO values". But, of course - bigger sensor (mainly) is responsible for that. What 4/3 brand/model did you have?

That's exactly what I meant. I was just falling asleep wen I posted and wrote the wrong thing.

I had a Panasonic GX1 with a 14-42, 45-150, 45-200, and a Rokinon 7.5mm. I sold all of my equipment to buy a plane ticket to Cali to visibly sick grandmother. A few weeks ago the VA finalized my disability claim and sent me a nice check. I purchased the d7100 along with a Sigma 18-250. My wife's cousin sold me an 18-105 for $100, I have a 35mm f1.8 on the way, and my next lens will most likely be 60mm.

I did pick up an older 28-35 f3.5-4.5 Macro lens for $15. Apparently the aperture blades won't fully open. I figured that for $15 I could take the chance and open it up to repair it. It wouldn't be the first time I disassemble a lens and I'm positive it won't be the last.

DraganDL

Nice. Yeah, open it - these older lenses can be repaired easier than new ones (it's probably just a mechanism that regulates the blades got dried/out of oil, so to speak).