Df price drop?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I've read in "Chasseur d'image", a french photography magazine that the price of the Df is supposed to drop around 350 euros soon. This could mean about a $500.00 price drop. I hope it does go down here too. I think Nikon is finally realizing that the first suggested retail price is not that attractive to buyers. Maybe they can improve their sales if they make the price more realistic.

DraganDL

Just remember that English language is/was strongly influenced by French:cool:: How French Has Influenced English

"During the Norman occupation, about 10,000 French words were adopted into English, some three-fourths of which are still in use today"

On the topic again: "
Maybe they can improve their sales if they make the price more realistic." Nikon's price strategy used to be somewhat less controversial that Sony's or Canon's. Sadly for us, situation has changed lately...

Last edited:

crycocyon

So that would bring it down to, then, what, $2200? That's certainly more reasonable. The Df is a good looking camera. If I was looking for a first FX DSLR I would probably consider it over the D610.

randyspann

So that would bring it down to, then, what, $2200? That's certainly more reasonable. The Df is a good looking camera. If I was looking for a first FX DSLR I would probably consider it over the D610.

I agree - tho there's a lot knocks out there on the Df. For me the Df would be like returning to my film/full manual days, but with the advantage of AF.

skene

I agree - tho there's a lot knocks out there on the Df. For me the Df would be like returning to my film/full manual days, but with the advantage of AF.

Just AF? I could think of a few more things... lack of shooting with film (hated purchasing rolls and rolls of film based on what I need to shoot then needing to finish off a whole roll before switching to different speed... more images (based on card size), slightly smaller and weighs less.

aroy

$2200/ is fine, but I would prefer if it came with the 24MP sensor, then it would be just about right for me, as I do not need the Video capability.

rocketman122

considered it but the lack of video (looking for a 2nd camera for video shooting) 1/4000 and crappy D600 AF is a big no. Im now looking at the D800s. otherwise, I think ill get another D600 or D610.

Sambr

Not me. If I got the Df for free I would sell it. I personal think it's the worst, overrated camera that Nikon has ever made. That's just my opinion - for someone else it could be the best thing since sliced bread.

randyspann

Not me. If I got the Df for free I would sell it. I personal think it's the worst, overrated camera that Nikon has ever made. That's just my opinion - for someone else it could be the best thing since sliced bread.

If you get one for free, let me know!