Lost in upload?

AxeMan - Rick S.

Living on the edge.jpg

"Living on the edge"

Two shot panoramic of a quarry. I want to post this for this weeks photo challenge but I afraid when I resize it for upload it will be hard to see. So I need a place to post. The only other thing I can think to do is to link it to my Facebook or Flicker page. Thanks for your comments in advance.

Joseph Bautsch

What an interesting place to shoot. Good panorama shot. Love the color contrast. I think there is a little too much brown grass in the foreground. it's distracting. The sky line is almost dissecting the shot in half. I would move it up so that it is in the top third of the shot or even a little higher. I would revisit this place often. Will they let you down in the quarry to shoot? All that ice coming down the face of the quarry wall on the other side might make some great HDR shots. A lot of other possibilities as well.

AxeMan - Rick S.

Joseph, I have not cropped it out yet, but I did apply the changers you suggested, it helped a little on the size. What I am more worried about is after resizing for upload if you can still make out what this is. The edge is straight and I might try a lens correction to see if I can get it close to looking right and that will get rid of the brown grass.

Scary that there is no fence here, if I wanted to I could walk right off the edge. This is right off a road and the cops are pretty tough in this town. So I parked and walked up as close as I dared, shot a hand held 5 shot panoramic and was on my way. Maybe on the property 3 minutes tops and got the heck out of there. I want to go back and ask if I can go down we will see what happens.

Original five shot panoramic shot.

View attachment Untitled_Panorama1r.jpg

Joseph Bautsch

Oh yea, a great panorama. Good job hand holding for five shots and still getting them lined up. I'm surprised that there is no fence or berm and ditch around this thing to keep people from falling off the edge. I think it worth while to talk to someone there and see if they will allow you to do some shooting either down in it or from around the rim. I have no idea about how resizing will be affected in uploading. Maybe someone else can help with that question.