In need of older working laptop

Mike D90

I have been unemployed for a while now, and underemployed for months before now. I have an interview tomorrow and I feel optimistic that I may be hired.

I have no money at the moment and just getting to this job may be impossible. If I do manage to do so I will need an item that I cannot possibly come up with on my own. It is not required of the job, but having a computer is required and internet connection as well. I am about to lose my home internet and phone because I simply cannot pay the bill anymore. With WiFi I could continue to work if I get this job.

I need a laptop with WiFi capability. I don't care how big it is, how old it is or what it looks like. I just need a Windows machine that will work.

I cannot pay for anything at the moment but possibly the shipping cost.

If you have an old clunker that you aren't using it sure would be a blessing to me, one I would not forget at all would be more than willing to compensate you for once I can get back to work.

mikew_RIP

Ime in the wrong place to help and my old laptop does not have wifi but i certainly wish you all the best in your efforts on the job front.

weebee

I have this. It's actually a great little laptop. I have it plugged in and charging now. I'll need to clean my info from it. It has wifi, works fine. It has I believe a 80 gig SSD. I should be able to get it heading your way either Saturday or next Monday. More then likely Monday though. That work for you? Do a search on this unit and let me know what you want to do. I'll send it either way. I understand your problem. Been there before myself. We can come up with a price, trade, whatever. Doesn't matter to me. Just helping out another Nikon freak. Your address still the same?

DSCN1602.jpg
DSCN1603.jpg
DSCN1604.jpg

Last edited:

Mike D90

I have this. It's actually a great little laptop. I have it plugged in and charging now. I'll need to clean my info from it. It has wifi, works fine. It has I believe a 80 gig SSD. I should be able to get it heading your way either Saturday or next Monday. More then likely Monday though. That work for you? Do a search on this unit and let me know what you want to do. I'll send it either way. I understand your problem. Been there before myself. We can come up with a price, trade, whatever. Doesn't matter to me. Just helping out another Nikon freak. Your address still the same?

Address is the same! You sent me the Phennig!!

That will work. All this needs to do is internet stuff and probably Office. I am not sure if this company has any special software I need to install or not. I do not believe they do. I think I just need to be able to download the days jobs onto a computer for upload to them. They will issue the inventory/scanner device, a WiFi printer, and some other stuff for the job. This is a home based job that I work a specific area and come home and upload my information. If I lose my home internet before I can get hired or get paid, I can use WiFi location somewhere.

I will reimburse your shipping cost the minute I get paid and then we can work out a price. Is that ok with you? Can you afford that even? If not I understand. I just have absolutely nothing. I got turned down on unemployment and have an appeal. That will takes several weeks.

I need my camera for this job as it involves some photography so I cannot sell my equipment. Wouldn't anyway. If they find me here starved to death I will still have my D90.

Last edited:

weebee

Address is the same! You sent me the Phennig!!

That will work. All this needs to do is internet stuff and probably Office. I am not sure if this company has any special software I need to install or not. I do not believe they do. I think I just need to be able to download the days jobs onto a computer for upload to them. They will issue the inventory/scanner device, a WiFi printer, and some other stuff for the job. This is a home based job that I work a specific area and come home and upload my information. If I lose my home internet before I can get hired or get paid, I can use WiFi location somewhere.

I will reimburse your shipping cost the minute I get paid and then we can work out a price. Is that ok with you? Can you afford that even? If not I understand. I just have absolutely nothing. I got turned down on unemployment and have an appeal. That will takes several weeks.

I need my camera for this job as it involves some photography so I cannot sell my equipment. Wouldn't anyway. If they find me here starved to death I will still have my D90.

Yup! I sent you the Phennig! You get yourself back on your feet then we'll worry about that stuff. I'll let you know when it's on the way.