Attachments

• MJE_4.jpg
    MJE_4.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 201
  • MJE_9.jpg
    MJE_9.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 180

Moab Man

I like them both for different reasons. The first, I like the colors. The second, I like as an artistic image.

It may not be any help, but I don't have a preference one over the other as they are not competing against each other for me.

Last edited:

egosbar

sort of competing for me im in the same boat i guess

ill rephrase then which one would you put in a portfolio , im thinking the black and white as i dont do many but this one works

egosbar

mmm maybe , possibly a bit much for my liking but i can see what you mean , can you try the opacity at 50% seems you have the psd done please

kevy73

I don't mind the first one.... however, if I was going to be picky.....

I would personally give the image more room to breathe - so to speak. For mine it is a little too tightly cropped.

The second, I would ease up on the white vignette. Again for mine, with Vignette, a little goes a looooooong way and that is double for white vignette.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I think that B&W works very well with this picture. The crop however is bothering me a bit. I will just tell you my perspective and it doesn't mean I'm right. So everything I write, you're allowed to take with either a grain of salt or a whole box of it. :)

The actual crop has her head cut... When I cut the head, I usually go for a much tighter crop than the one you've selected. In your image, my eyes wonder back and forth between the back of her head and the white dress (bosom) and I find it difficult to concentrate on her face which, in my opinion should be the real center of attention. So, with this in mind, I did the following crop and bits of adjustments to show my point. I didn't do the vignette since I just wanted you to see what my crop would bring out of your picture.

MJE_4 copy.jpg

Krs_2007

I like them both, but when it comes to BW I like what Marcel did much better. I get the artistic aspect you were going for and you can do either your version or Marcels, but I would definitely do the crop like Marcel. It draws your eyes in more and this could go for color or BW.

But this is his preference as well as mine.

egosbar

thanks for the comments , the way i was thinking is the veil is very much a part of the image, im not sure but i think for my taste i like more of the veil but ill keep looking back and forth over the next few days too make sure
too me the crop doesnt scream bride , the uncropped image there is no doubt

Hminx

Have you thought about a white vignette on the colour version ?
Of the two submitted I think I prefer the B&W but both seem to be very complementary to the lovely young bride.