Hello from Antioch, IL

Whiteguy492

Hey Everyone,

My name is Alex. I've wanted to get into photography for awhile but was always shot down by the wife when looking at cameras because they are pretty expensive. Finally I put my foot down and purchased the Nikon D3200 kit from Sam's Club last Black Friday with the 18-55mm and 55-200mm lenses. I've started reading up on all kinds of information to help me take better pictures. I was looking for a forum to join and noticed this looks really professional and active so I decided to give it a shot.

If anyone has any references about what to look for when shooting and learning more about the camera, lenses, and other accessories, please feel free to share them.

I look forward to meeting some people and sharing knowledge and eventual experiences!

Thanks!

Whiteguy492

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I hope it becomes Spring soon enough so I can get out there and take some pictures. Just had like half and inch of snow yesterday! Would like to get into photographing wildlife. I do like landscapes, but there isn't much of a landscape out here.

Blacktop

Welcome to Nikonites.

When the time comes (and it will) please post a picture of your wives face when you're putting your foot down on that $1500 dollar lense that you just really really need.;)

Enjoy your stay.

weebee

Welcome! And if your wife didn't like the cost of the camera. Wait until you start asking for lenses, filters, flash, tripod, mono pod, ball heads, cases, memory, etc, etc. I'm sure the responses will get more and more colorful!!!

Whiteguy492

Thanks everyone again for the warm welcome! Can't wait to learn a lot of information from you and share and enjoy photo's!

Welcome! And if your wife didn't like the cost of the camera. Wait until you start asking for lenses, filters, flash, tripod, mono pod, ball heads, cases, memory, etc, etc. I'm sure the responses will get more and more colorful!!!

I can only imagine! I'm already looking at lens options. I'm thinking of getting the Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-s DX. It sounds like it's a fantastic lens for just everyday shooting and great in low light situations. I need to learn a lot more about filters and exposures and what not first before I get into some of that stuff. She was nice enough to get me a tripod for Christmas!

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Thanks everyone again for the warm welcome! Can't wait to learn a lot of information from you and share and enjoy photo's!

I can only imagine! I'm already looking at lens options. I'm thinking of getting the Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-s DX. It sounds like it's a fantastic lens for just everyday shooting and great in low light situations. I need to learn a lot more about filters and exposures and what not first before I get into some of that stuff. She was nice enough to get me a tripod for Christmas!

Please do a time lapse photograph of your wife from every time you TELL your wife you need to buy something new for photography.....or a timeline....so we can learn from you! lol