Manual Focus

PapaST

To add, the green dot also has arrows (left and right) to help you achieve the focus. That would be a pretty cool feature from the viewfinder. But given the display they added at the bottom left it might not be programmed in to allow it.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Yes, but you have to hold the shutter button half depressed, use a single point focus point, locate your subject of focus in the selected point, then manually focus until you see the green dot appear in between the two arrows in the bottom left of the viewfinder.

I found it easier to get a split-screen focusing screen than using the above mentioned method.

randyspann

Yes, but you have to hold the shutter button half depressed, use a single point focus point, locate your subject of focus in the selected point, then manually focus until you see the green dot appear in between the two arrows in the bottom left of the viewfinder.

I found it easier to get a split-screen focusing screen than using the above mentioned method.

Is split screen available on the D7000? Asking because I am pineing for a D7000. (and use with old lenses)

JJM

OK thanks to all for your comments. The arrows next to the green spot appear to go on and off pretty fast though!