How to turn off Auto ISO in Nikon D5200 ?

DraganDL

Page 37 tells it all: "Auto ISO sensitivity control can be enabled in modes P, S, A, and M using the Auto ISO
sensitivity control option in the ISO sensitivity settings menu".
So, if turned on, camera changes the basic ISO value (user defined) in order to take care about the lowest allowed exposure time (user defined) and to meet the limitations defined by other elements of the exposure. If turned off, camera keeps the predefined ISO value on the "no matter what" basis, and will use any of the available combinations of exposure time and values of aperture to maintain the correct exposure...

Sandpatch

When my D5100 was new and I went out on a long drive to spend some time with it, I set up a shot and was alarmed to find that the shutter speed was too low regardless of how wide the aperture was. My heart sank, as I do a lot of railroad photography with fast trains.

Feeling blue, I read the ISO portion of my manual trackside and found that mine had somehow been fixed at a low setting. I set it on Auto and breathed a sigh of relief. Moments later a train passed by and I successfully bagged the shot. Sweet success.