Outdoor shooting and editing.

shakedown

I am a beginner at photoshop and novice photographer. I am looking for insight on the both pictures. One is the original and the other is edited. Please feel free to let me know your thoughts and what I can do to improve. It was shot with a Nikon 5100, 55mm lens, f/1.8, exposure 1/1000sec, and iso-100.
cc.jpg
Original
DSC_0002.jpg
Edited

Last edited:

ShootRaw

untitled-.jpgFirst of all not bad...Make sure you focus on closest eye to camera, use the rule of thirds for your composition..I pulled highlights down, bumped contrast up and raised shadows up...I would try posing her next time with more body separation especially her legs...Have arms pulled away from body etc.. I would have had her leaning with back against building with head turned slightly more into the light, shooting always from shadow side of the face(short lighting).. Hope this helps ^^^^
P.S I did a tighter crop to give a better composition... I like better without the vignette due to it creeping onto her right leg...

Last edited:

wev

Contributor
Assuming that your primary focus is on her happy face and expression, you have created too much visual tension with the leaning wall and her pose against it. Straighten up the wall and she becomes the eye draw with a more relaxed stance. I also fiddled the colors and shadows just a bit, too.

xxx.jpg