Aquarium Photos

Phillydog1958

gartest.jpg

This was taken several years ago. It's a species of Gar, commonly referred to as, "Florida Gar." They're common to the aquarium trade. I've had these 2 for almost 5 years. This was taken with my old D7000.

Last edited:

Whiteguy492

dsc_0267_1.jpg

Here is a picture I took yesterday of my Brown Cichlid. He/she is supposed to get a pretty orange/red belly eventually, hasn't happened yet.

OT: Go Wildcats! KSU Alum.

Phillydog1958

Senegal test.jpg

This species is a true throwback to prehistoric era. This species inhabits the waterways of Senegal Africa. It's commonly referred to as the Senegal Bichir or Dinosaur Bichir. I've had several varieties of Bichirs. I got this one when he was the size of an earthworm. In this pic, he's about the size of a hotdog (Length and girth). It took about 3 years to get him to that size.

Last edited:

Phillydog1958

Cool Fish. Planning a trip to my local aquarium in a few weeks.

I've been to the local aquarium, in Kansas City and another just outside of Tulsa. My favorite is the Atlanta Aquarium. They've got an awesome collection and some of the largest tanks in the world. They even have a whale shark.

Last edited:

Whiteguy492

dsc_0268_1.jpg

Yup, just graduated in 2010!

I'm guessing you have your own aquarium? Oops, I just realized the picture I posted was a Chocolate Cichlid, not a Brown. I have a 75gal freshwater tank with mostly SA Cichlids. I just bought some new decor for it. I had a really cool piece of driftwood but it took up too much space now that the Severums are getting big.

I may get a chance to go down to the Shedd Aquarium again in a couple months. Maybe I'll be able to snap some cool shots of what they have.

Phillydog1958

dsc_0268_1.jpg

Yup, just graduated in 2010!

I'm guessing you have your own aquarium? Oops, I just realized the picture I posted was a Chocolate Cichlid, not a Brown. I have a 75gal freshwater tank with mostly SA Cichlids. I just bought some new decor for it. I had a really cool piece of driftwood but it took up too much space now that the Severums are getting big.

I may get a chance to go down to the Shedd Aquarium again in a couple months. Maybe I'll be able to snap some cool shots of what they have.

That is a nice setup. I have a 55 and 75 gallon for sale. I'm going to keep my 125 gallon. That's my 6ft long baby! By the way, it's great to run into another K-Stater! I bleed Purple!!!!:cool:

Whiteguy492

This isn't a very good picture as she is in an awkward position in the tank, this is also the second time she has laid eggs in like 2-3 weeks.

DSC_0343[1].jpg