105mm macro.

Just-Clayton

I want to get a 105 macro. I have been looking at the AI-S model. I do all my macro manually and I don't need the AFS series. What is the going price for that model? My 85mm DX isn't cutting it for me. Great lens but need more reach.

aroy

Bill16

I bought my converted to AI 105mm micro Nikkor lens, and though I still really like it, I wasn't satisfied with it. Mainly because I didn't like having to use the extension tube to get 1:1 . So I ended up buying the Nikkor AF 105mm f/2.8 micro D version! :)
But I wish you the best my friend on finding a great deal on an AI-S version! :D

ShootRaw

Definitely recommend you get the 105mm 2.8D version..Then you can meter as well..
untitled-5761.jpg

This was shot at 3.2 100 % crop Imagine this lens @ f/8

Whiskeyman

How much more reach do you need? It sounds like you may wish to explore not only the 105mm, but also the 200mm Micro Nikkor. I've got the 105mm and am pleased with it, but do not own the 200mm; however, I've never heard of anyone that owned one being sorry that they did. Its (200mm Micro) reputation is superb!

WM

Just-Clayton

I have the 85mm DX and it is a bit annoying on the D610. The 105 seems to be the best fit for my 300s and 610.
How much more reach do you need? It sounds like you may wish to explore not only the 105mm, but also the 200mm Micro Nikkor. I've got the 105mm and am pleased with it, but do not own the 200mm; however, I've never heard of anyone that owned one being sorry that they did. Its (200mm Micro) reputation is superb!

WM

In The Raw

My 105 asf just came in and all ill say is its totally worth every penny. Hands down. Also my wife loves it so it made spending the money even easier!