Buley Rockhole - Lithcfield National Park

Scott Murray

Well here are some long exposures I took of Buley Rockhole which is an hr and a half drive from where I live. After getting photobummed I managed to get a decent shot.

Unfortunately some drongo left it in Jpeg fine after doing a timelapse...

SHM_3432.jpg

SHM_3434.jpg

BackdoorArts

Very nice Scott. On another note, is there a reason to use JPEG fine on long exposure shots?

I think by timelapse he meant a series of images that he would stitch together as a video, which could fill up a memory card rather quickly shooting RAW if there's enough of them.

Scott Murray

Very nice Scott. On another note, is there a reason to use JPEG fine on long exposure shots?

With the D800E you need to use Jpeg Fine for timelapse otherwise it fills the buffer and stops working.

I think by timelapse he meant a series of images that he would stitch together as a video, which could fill up a memory card rather quickly shooting RAW if there's enough of them.

Correct Jake.

Here is the quick timelapse I took.

Last edited:

Sandpatch

I had a late friend who, when describing his failed photography at a crowded public railroad event, said, "All I could see were asses and elbows." :)

Moab Man

Curse those drongo's messing with your camera settings! Once I figure out what a drongo is I will be watching out for myself. I'm assuming they will have a passport and an accent to help identify one?