Great Little Lens :)

kayte

So, now that I've gotten that Sigma 28mm lens working, I've been testing out the quality for the $55 I paid for it. Definately worth that and more, in my books- it's a great little lens. Yes, it's not auto focus, and yes, it doesn't show the F-stop on the screen (have to use the aperture ring to adjust) but it takes great photos now that I've figured out how to get it work on my camera.

Here are some pics with with it. I think they turned out great, let me know what you guys have to say.

misc58.jpg

misc57.jpg

misc54.jpg

juno59.jpg

juno57.jpg

izzy88.jpg

aby59.jpg

Rick M

Very nice shots! You certainly got your money's worth. Nothing wrong with doing things manually, we get too use to doing things an easy way.

kayte

I prefer it and my theory is, I put the money into the camera, better figure out and learn how to use it properly. Get better photos with manual too...even action shots :)

PavementPilot

I paid $0 for a Series E lens that mounts but does not meter on my D3100. Initially I paid $25, but someone bought the FG body from me for the same price as I paid just to get the lens. You can use PhotoME to edit in the missing Exif data, if you keep a shooters log for shots with that lens. Nice find.

kayte

aw frig, seriously was just shooting and didn't really pay attention...I think some were one f2.8 to f4, on ISO 800 or 1600 (I keep forgetting its on then change it down, silly me)

the funny thing is compared to my other lenses, it's sorta a homely looking little guy (it's now the smallest of my 4) but when you look at those, you forgive it for being asthetically handicapped lol