Largest CF card size

LensWork

I use 32gb cards in my D700 with no issues. At the time of introduction of the D700, 8gb was probably the largest card available.

Whiskeyman

I use cards that are between 4GB and 32 w/o any issue. I do format in camera every time I download all of images from the camera.

WM

gqtuazon

Gear Head
According to the instruction book the largest size is 8gb,any one use 16 or 32gb in there D700.

Thanks

The owners manual was made before the 16 gb cards were out and was addressed via firmware after that. 16 gb should be sufficient for a typical one day shoot without changing cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nikkon

The nikon site states something strange (firmware 1.02 A/B)

• Support for 64 GB memory cards has been added. (16GB, 32GB are not supported, 64GB only)

But I use 32GB cards as well in my D700. No problem.

Last edited:

vindex1963

The owners manual was made before the 16 gb cards were out and was addressed via firmware after that. 16 gb should be sufficient for a typical one day shoot without changing cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear we're going to Alaska in a couple months and I have a lot of 4gb and 8gb but a couple 16 gb would be handy.

mikew_RIP

You got yourself a D700? Congrats buddy, I'm jealous! :frog:

Sorry bill but you must have missed the post saying i returned it,after a couple of days playing i decided it could offer no real benefits for me,it was a really deep feeling of i want one,decided the D7100 was a better option for me.I guess i may still go full frame but it will be when a deal i cant refuse comes along at a time i can afford it.

vindex1963

As far as I know, that is the one that I have (I had to go check) and I don't believe there were any more after that. There was only 1 firmware update I think but I could be wrong.

I think you're right and thanks! I'm headed to Vancouver BC for four days then to Alaska in a couple months and I wanted one 32gb just for Vancouver as the rest of our stops are day stops and I'm labeling each card with the location.