R.I.P. My Coolpix 4500..........what replaces it? Help

Henrykjr

Last week my longtime Coolpix 4500 fell of the table with the cable plugged into it. It landed directly on the connection and broke one of the pins that enables the download process. Thus us have to jiggle the cable to get it to download.

I've tried using a CF adapter with a 2GB SD card but the camera will not work with an SD card. So..........

I love this flip body camera for many reasons but here is my criteria for a replacement camera.

1. Must have a macro mode as good as the 4500
2. Must have rechargeable long lasting batteries
3. SD card would be nice.
4. Must be super simple to use just like the 4500. Flash, fill flash, landscape, macro mode
5. Zoom
6. As thin as the 4500 but big enough for man hands. Yes I still own a cel phone with giant buttons on it. So no camera designed for circus midgets

After searching ebay these cameras sell for darn near what i paid for them new if they are complete. So there must be something special about these cameras besides the fact when you use it people look at you and comment what a cool camera as if you just pulled up in a 1968 Corvette.

Any advice would be awesome

Thanks HK

AC016

lol, i would look at you as well. Anyhow, sorry about the camera, but maybe someone was sending a message. I would look at the Coolpix bridge cameras for a replacement.

pedroj

Have a look at this one...My grand daughter has one...It does have rechargeable batteries....Not sure if it does what you want though...

Nikon L830 Digital Camera

Last edited:

weebee

I have a Nikon coolpix s3500 that meets your criteria. Takes very good pictures. Or, as mentioned, a bridge camera. I have a Nikon L820, the 30x zoom is great for long shots. It's not thin though. And I use rechargeable AA batteries.