D300/D300s Pics

Ranie

Post your D300/D300s pics
D300s and 17-55 F2.8
5450467237_1cbac0241c_b.jpg

jstorm

Not thru a window. D300s, Nikkor 70-200mm F2.8 Tripod at about 20 feet. Wireless Shutter release, slightly overcast day. If you feed them they will let you photograph them(LOL). On my Deck Birdseed laid out, just as he or she was taking off.

Storm said That!!!

Ranie

Not thru a window. D300s, Nikkor 70-200mm F2.8 Tripod at about 20 feet. Wireless Shutter release, slightly overcast day.

Storm, Im just curious. This was shot direct by your D300s and a 70-200 F2.8 on a tripod but I find the pic not sharp.
Was this pic cropped? If so, maybe if has focused on the other area.
Unless this was edited and was soften on purpose.

jstorm

Yes it was cropped, this is a pic of a bird going into flight. They move pretty fast. Look at the bottom of the pic you will see that the rail of my weather beaten deck is in focus. these are the pics before and after this one, they have been cropped also. ALE_8502.JPG.ALE_8513.JPG

jstorm

The overall original pic was pretty decent, but I wanted to show the Bird preparing to take off and taking off. That meant cropping prolly more than I should have. In the two pics above even the deck is not really in focus. I am not defending the pic, its not really that good. But I got what I was trying to capture. and now I am trying to get the same thing only clearer. If anyone has any suggestions I am very open. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Ranie

Storm, did you switch to continuous focus on your D300s? Also to 51 AF points and to High fps. I'm sure you could get much sharper images from these fast subjects. Also, I notice some noise on the pics. What's the ISO on these pics? It doesn't show on the exif of the photos.

Last edited by a moderator:

fotojack

Storm, did you switch to continuous focus on your D300s? Also to 51 AF points and to High fps. I'm sure you could get much sharper images from these fast subjects. Also, I notice some noise on the pics. What's the ISO on these pics? It doesn't show on the exif of the photos.

The EXIF data shows that the ISO in this shot was Hi,6400. Opened in PhotoME.

jstorm

Thanks for the info guys, setting up now to take more photos. Will use your suggestions. again thanks.

Still Learning
JSTORM