For your consideration

fotojack

Shot this yesterday of the tree outside the front of my house. Nothing has been done to it......no post processing, no filters......nothing. What you see is exactly the way it came out of the camera. Looks surreal to me.
View attachment 1737

ISO 100
F 5.0 Aperture Mode
Exp. 1/30th
Focal 26mm

ohkphoto

Snow White
Shot this yesterday of the tree outside the front of my house.

Did you actually go outside to take this photo???:cool:
It looks pretty darn cold, Jack!! Is that ice on the branches?
I love the surreal effect. The tree is great . . . the curb behind it is a little distracting.

JoeLewisPhotography

Im guessing it was taken from inside the house based on the hint of a reflection on the lower right of the picture. Looks FREEZING! I like it. (the picture, not the cold lol)

Joseph Bautsch

Good shot. I like the cooooold effect of the blue white balance. It is a little tight on the cropping. The tree needs a little more room around it. Was this shot through a window?? Looks like a small reflection of something on the lower right side.

Rick M

Looks like you are ready for the "cold" photo contest! Interesting effect, I'm thinking the window had a filtering quality which makes it all the more unique. The branches are stunning, hate to say that snow and ice can be beautiful sometimes (thats really hard to say after the last 4 months!).

fotojack

Did you actually go outside to take this photo???:cool:
It looks pretty darn cold, Jack!! Is that ice on the branches?
I love the surreal effect. The tree is great . . . the curb behind it is a little distracting.
No. Shot from inside my living room.
It IS cold! Minus 24C at the time, and no, not ice on the branches. It's called hoar frost.
That's not a curb, Helene, that's a snowbank left from the snowplow. :)

fotojack

Looks like you are ready for the "cold" photo contest! Interesting effect, I'm thinking the window had a filtering quality which makes it all the more unique. The branches are stunning, hate to say that snow and ice can be beautiful sometimes (thats really hard to say after the last 4 months!).
Yeah, I have a feeling shooting through the window (low E glass) had an effect on the colour of this shot. As I stated before, I used no filters or any enhancing software in this shot.

fotojack

Good shot. I like the cooooold effect of the blue white balance. It is a little tight on the cropping. The tree needs a little more room around it. Was this shot through a window?? Looks like a small reflection of something on the lower right side.
I used no cropping on this shot. Used a vertical shooting mode. I wanted to get the whole tree in the shot. I liked the way the blue white balance came out, too. And yes, shot through my front window. Too cold to go outside. My momma didn't raise no fools! ;)

AxeMan - Rick S.

Jack being an all night person, the blue reminds me of that early morning blue light you see right before sunrise. Your hoar frost reminds me of the freezing frost we sometimes get here. Nice unedited shot.

Nikonite1222

HI Jack- Haven't talks in a while and I hope your doing good. I love the picture !!! I agree that a bit of coping could do it a bit better, but over it's a great picture. Talk to you soon !!