Mark this date free in your Calander

Dave_W

The Dude
Awesome, excellent excuse to break out the beast. Last eclipse was a blast even thou it wasn't a full one. Should be fun

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Moab Man

Just checked the forecast... CLEAR SKIES! So I'm in. Anyone have any suggestions for nailing the color in the camera? A certain Kelvin temperature suggestion if you know?

Who else is in?

Moab Man

For reference, I just went out and did some test shots of the moon for WB. 4760K seems to dial it in perfect. Now my thought is that I should leave it locked in there to truly capture the color shift. I also scouted out a spot in a "bowl" where I will be shielded from any wind and surrounding lights to ensure no lens flares.
@markrez You might do some test shots before hand to see what they look like. I find that I get better results from my 55-300mm than I do with my Tamron 200-500mm lens.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

markrez

Thanks Moab Man. My longest lens right now is the 55-200 so I rented the 200-500 again. I had pretty good luck with it last year during the super moon. I took this shot the night before the super moon, I really like the detail in it.
A crop, obviously.
REZ_1449.jpg

Dave_W

The Dude
Unfortunately the forecast for tonight is clear skies with only slight chance of high clouds..., er, um, did I say "unfortunately"? I, uh, meant, um.... fortunately. Yeah, that's what I meant, fortunately. Because hey, who would want to be asleep in a nice warm bed at 1:46 AM when they could be shivering in the night air outside with their cameras? I mean, come on.... :)

Moab Man

Shoot raw and don't worry about it.

I'm setting up the 'scope in a couple hours. 2000mm of unadulterated fun.

Agreed, but with the buttocks load of photos I'm planning to shoot tonight I want to nail it in camera... to which I did a little work last night and 4760K will hit the sweet spot.

Getting my self set up right now. Last minute dial in and it will be a great night... sitting there... in the cold... just me and my camera... WHAT THE HE%% AM I DOING THIS FOR AGAIN?