website advice please

Terry B

Hello I am Terry, I am starting a new photography business and would like a little feedback on how my website looks and how I can make it better, any help or suggestions would be appreciated. TRB Imaging Thanks for your time, Terry

Last edited:

PapaST

I certainly have no complaints. Very well done... easy to navigate and I actually appreciate the succinct manner you answer questions and give descriptions. It goes along with the feel of the site and the low key portrait of yourself.

Scott Murray

Welcome to the forum, would be nice if you introduced yourself with your first post instead of asking for insight to your website. But in saying that it looks to be well made and nice and clean to navigate.

Fred Kingston

Looks good... I have a soft spot for B&W... One thing...email links on your pages are NOT clickable links... I would make them so...

Blacktop

I actually appreciate the succinct manner you answer questions

If I were a customer I would appreciate a little less of this. To me it doesn't seem very professional.
I do like your photographs and the layout of the site .

crycocyon

Agreed, the answers should make the potential client feel as if you are approachable and friendly.

No, no and no, all the typical add on's that many photographers use to pad their bottom line are figured into my low hourly service charge.

One "No" is sufficient. And don't talk about other photographers, just promote yourself. What makes you stand out from other professionals? What do you have to offer?

Also,

Q. How long is a typical photo shoot.
A. Most shoots can be completed in one to two hours.

I would not say this. The shoot requirements will vary depending on the assignment. Most clients would expect you to take the time that is necessary to complete the assignment and to take the time needed to do a good job. One or two hours seems a bit short to accomplish that.

Also,

Q. Hey Terry I like your work. What do you charge ?
A. 150.00 an hour.

What about travel time? It would appear from this that you don't bill for that.

Also, you show house exteriors, but that's it. What about commercial architecture? And if you are attracting real estate clients, I would show professional quality interiors of houses as well, or commercial interiors. Unless you only do exteriors?

Nice automotive photos. But who is your market? Any photographs of entire vehicles in a studio or location that was lit professionally? It looks like they were taken at car shows.

Going back to the "no's".....

Q. What about usage and printing rights, you charge extra for that don't you ?
A. No

Instead of just "No" and clients don't like to hear the word "no", I would instead write: "We do not charge extra for usage and printing rights".

But the question is then, are you giving up your rights as a photographer to your work? What about licensing? Copyright?

Last edited:

Michael J.

Thailand is famous of its very slow Internet but your site loads fast as well as your photos. That is a big plus. Great site and I love the simplicity.

Rick M

I like the format and flow. Be careful with the hourly rate. If someone perceives you to be expensive, you could loose some quick and easy jobs (unless of course you are in great demand).