Nikons J2 10-30mm lens or double Kit with 30-110mm lens too

sorabh

Hi all

I am an amateur that is looking to mainly take pics of friends and family and photoshop them.

I have 2 options

1. Buy the Nikon J2 with 10-30mm lens for 180 pounds
2. Buy the Nikon j2 with 10-30mm and 30-110mm for 240 pounds - i.e just 60 pounds more

Will I be needing the second lens for my purposes ?

thank you

randyspann

I was in that dilema last year, I got both lenses. If I had it to do over again I would have just got the 10-100mm VR. And started saving for the 18.5 mm prime. If you are doing any low light (ie. indoors) work the 18.5 prime will be your go to lense.

sorabh

Thanks Randy - Yeah that setup would be great ! But unfortunately these are the only two options I have right now. The J2 isnt being sold with the 10-100m lens or any prime lenses.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
The difference is a great price if you were just going to buy the 30-110mm alone. The 30-110mm is a very good lens too.

sorabh

The difference is a great price if you were just going to buy the 30-110mm alone. The 30-110mm is a very good lens too.

Yep my thoughts too. Eduard, I have been following your posts on this forum and you really seem to know your stuff! When would a 30-110mm lens come more in handy than a 10-30mm lens for taking family photos ? Would it mainly be outdoors for long distance shots ?

thanks.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Yep my thoughts too. Eduard, I have been following your posts on this forum and you really seem to know your stuff!

Actually I just repeat everything Jake and Jack say to make me look smart. :eek:

When would a 30-110mm lens come more in handy than a 10-30mm lens for taking family photos ? Would it mainly be outdoors for long distance shots?

Take a look at this link to familiarize yourself with perspective. It depends on what type of photography you intend to purse whether it will be useful to you.

sorabh

Actually I just repeat everything Jake and Jack say to make me look smart. :eek:

Take a look at this link to familiarize yourself with perspective. It depends on what type of photography you intend to purse whether it will be useful to you.

FANTASTIC ! this just answered all my questions. Thank you !!!!