Photography traiiner

Scott Murray

Well I just got an interesting phone call. Of recent I have been organizing photowalks on both G+ and Facebook. The G+ group I run but the facebook one is ran by another Aussie. Well he saw that I was organizing and attending all these trips and asked me tonight for my contact details. We chatted for 30mins and it seems he runs a photography training course which includes a 6 week 2hr per week basic course and has asked me if I was interested in running it. I mentioned to him about my business proposal and he agreed that it was a great idea and he could advertise it through his training company as well. He is offering a 70/30 deal, I deliver all the training, they provide a uniform (cough) and also the course location. The cost for participants is $40AUD each with max 10 persons. They also provide all the training material, I would take home 70% and they would get 30%. I am thinking it could be a good opportunity for me and would help boost my business. I have done training before informally especially while I was in Africa. A classroom based one could be different. I am thinking it over for a few days...

Deezey

Hmmm. Sounds like a win win to me. Running this course will also build you a customer base. I mean where else to go test your new skills than on a Territory Photography Adventure? As long as you don't mind a more classroom styled approach, which is what this course seems like.

This could easily become a spring board for your new business adventure. And it couldn't hurt to try right?

Scott Murray

Hmmm. Sounds like a win win to me. Running this course will also build you a customer base. I mean where else to go test your new skills than on a Territory Photography Adventure? As long as you don't mind a more classroom styled approach, which is what this course seems like.

This could easily become a spring board for your new business adventure. And it couldn't hurt to try right?
It is definitely a good move I think and as you said its a foot in the door, I have checked out his website though and it seems pretty dated but I am guessing its something that he tried to get going with his 'Ex' and has failed when they separated. I think it has potential and yes it could lead to more publicity for my photography tours.

Deezey

I also flipped through the site. I do agree it looks a bit dated, but it felt more unfinished though. Looks like he may have a real need in your talent to also help revive himself. Looks pretty promising to me.

Scott Murray

He has a site on facebook aswell and I noticed that on the 27th March he was advertising for trainers. So it does seem quite new.

Scott Murray

I agree, sounds like it could be a nice deal for you.
A local photographer here runs photography workshops through www.Meetup.com -
Work blocks that site :(

[h=1] [/h][h=1] STOP! / ARRÉTER![/h]
The site « Find your people - Meetup » is blocked. The site is categorised as « Business/Economy;Social Networking ».
For further information, please refer to the Acceptable Usage Policy. If you believe the site is incorrectly categorised please contact your IS&T service desk.

Le site « Find your people - Meetup »; est bloqué. Le site est classé comme « Business/Economy;Social Networking ».
Pour plus d’information, veuillez vous référer à la Charte de bon usage. Si le site est incorrectement catégorisé, veuillez contacter votre service informatique.

User : CORP\scott.murray  Your IP address : 10.207.188.61

Dave_W

The Dude
How fun! You absolutely should take him up on his offer. When I was in gradschool I taught several recitation classes for the second year undergrad's and surprisingly I learned more answering their questions than I ever did just taking classes. Something about teaching a subject gives you a special insight that you can't get anywhere else.

Scott Murray

How fun! You absolutely should take him up on his offer. When I was in gradschool I taught several recitation classes for the second year undergrad's and surprisingly I learned more answering their questions than I ever did just taking classes. Something about teaching a subject gives you a special insight that you can't get anywhere else.
I may even be able to justify a D4s Mmmmmmmm with a 500mm f/4 :cool:

Dave_W

The Dude
I may even be able to justify a D4s Mmmmmmmm with a 500mm f/4 :cool:

hey-you-can-do-it_6287803_lrg.jpg

carguy

Work blocks that site :(
Same for me at work. Check it out from home.
He sets up training sessions online, people sign up and pay through Amazon payment system. Very nice setup, maybe you have something similar there?

Anyway, it's a great way to make some $ by teaching others what you know. It also provides exposure for his photgraphy business.

Win / Win.

Scott Murray

Same for me at work. Check it out from home.
He sets up training sessions online, people sign up and pay through Amazon payment system. Very nice setup, maybe you have something similar there?

Anyway, it's a great way to make some $ by teaching others what you know. It also provides exposure for his photgraphy business.

Win / Win.
I will have to check it out next week when I get home. I will also need to create a website and sorting out business cards etc for my business. Then I will look at insurance costs and see which way I am going to go about it.

PapaST

I was going to say the exact same thing. Teaching a subject actually helps reinforce what you already know. Helps you to really understand what you're teaching. And you actually learn more about the subject just from your pupils' questions. It's a cool little benefit.

Moab Man

Go for it. I think you have a lot to offer and you can teach people down under how they can put their photo's right side up in photoshop, or can that be corrected in camera?