D800 SD Cards Won't Play Back

PBGK

Hello all. This may be an old topic but I'm new to the forum and at wit's end. Has anyone had trouble with their 800's SD cards not being recognized by ANY computer? I am just short of 5000 shutter count and on my 5th card. When it happens no computer will recognize the card and best case I can USB files off the camera. Worst case the camera won't re-read the card when I put it back in. It has happened with SanDisk, PNY, and Sony 16GB SDHCs. Any info on this? Thanks, Gary K.

WhiteLight

Is it a problem with ANY SD Card that you use on your D800?
of just this one?
if it's just this one, in all probability the card is damages or has some errors...
in most situations data can be recovered unless you formatted it more than a couple of times

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Are you trying to copy your card files from the camera with the camera connected to the computer? Or are you removing the card and putting it into a card reader to do the transfer? It could be the camera or the transfer process that would corrupt the files. Which program do you use to import the files on your computer?

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Welcome to the forum Gary. Please kindly provide additional information in order to better help you like what Marcel have asked from you.

I've only used my USB 3.0 cable connector from the camera to my PC desktop just to make sure that the computer recognizes the camera and that it works.

Are you transferring your images with a fully charged battery in your camera? It sounds like you have a hardware problem. I have not experience that although I prefer using my CF cards instead of SD cards. The transfer rate is much faster.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I really don't like it when people post a question and then just take off to be never seen again. I don't know if it's just me, but I find it EXTREMELY RUDE of them.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I really don't like it when people post a question and then just take off to be never seen again. I don't know if it's just me, but I find it EXTREMELY RUDE of them.

One of those one post wonders perhaps? It's not the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aroy

At least we get to know what problems people face. Adds one more point to be careful when evaluating cameras before buying.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
At least we get to know what problems people face. Adds one more point to be careful when evaluating cameras before buying.

I don't agree with you on this. The only way for us to know what was wrong is to get feedback to know the actual cause of the problem. I can assure you that if you try to remove any card from a camera while the camera is writing to this card, you'll have a bad surprise when you try to access the card.
So, I'm not condemning that original poster for asking his question, but for not hanging around and also share the solution to his problem. Because only the solution is the answer to "What caused this to happen". But I guess some people are so impatient that they need their answer right now and for some right now isn't even fast enough.

A few persons tried to help the original poster, but he's nowhere to be seen. What a shame.