Moon in daylight

Rick M

Shot this pic after work, at about 5pm. Unfortunately in my rush I forgot to change to RAW and shot at only 8mp jpeg. First moon shot with my D3100, tried in vain many times with point and shoots over the years. Used my 55-200mm, really need to upgrade to the 55-300!

DSC_0013.JPG

fotojack

Nice moon shot. Nothing wrong with your 55-200.......turned out great. :) I'm going to try a shot with my 70-300, see how that turns out.

PavementPilot

Joseph, if you do a search for KUSO Exif Viewer, you can install and check exif right on your browser. You install it, close and restart your browser. Then navigate to a picture and right click on it. Look for open with Kuso in the menu and click that. It takes a sec for the program to open with the image selected and you can view all the Exif, if it was retained in PP.

fotojack

Nice moon shot. Nothing wrong with your 55-200.......turned out great. :) I'm going to try a shot with my 70-300, see how that turns out.

Well that isn't gonna happen any time soon. Overcast and snowing as I type this. :( I am SO ready for spring AND summer! :)

Rick M

Exif Data- ISO 200, 1/320s, f6.3, EV -0.7
I did use a tripod.

Thank you all for the positive feedback. I won't show this thread to my wife as I am trying to build a case that I NEED a 55-300. Actually this was my first shoot with the 55-200 and I am pleased with the results (but I still need the 55-300!).

Going to try and download PavementPilot's suggestion. Is there a special way to attach the data? I have not been able to read it on others pics either.

PavementPilot

Exif is always there unless you specify in PP to delete it. Also when uploading to picture caching sites (photobucket, flikr etc) you can disable Exif on the site too.

PavementPilot

PhotoME is also an Exif editor too. My Series E lens doesnt tell the camera the Focal Length or f/stop. So I use PhotoME to edit in that info without changing any of the other data.

AxeMan - Rick S.

Joseph, if you do a search for KUSO Exif Viewer, you can install and check exif right on your browser. You install it, close and restart your browser. Then navigate to a picture and right click on it. Look for open with Kuso in the menu and click that. It takes a sec for the program to open with the image selected and you can view all the Exif, if it was retained in PP.

Great Program

NOTE: Program does not support Goggle Chrome. Must use Internet Explorer. I do not know about other browsers.

PavementPilot

Download PhotoME. Install it and go to settings in the left panel. Look for web browser intergration and click on the browser you are using. Close PhotoME and your browser and restart browser. Right click on photo, look for open with PhotoME and there you go.