Newbie saying "Hello", asking a question.

colt1911

Hi everyone! I just bought my first DSLR (NikonD5200) a few months ago but have just made the time recently to get acquainted with it. I was playing around with the different settings and just having fun trying them out. But now I can't get the screen back to the lens view. Can someone please help? I can see that I have a *LOT* to learn.

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
There is a manual that usually comes with these cameras. You'll have to go through it again. I'll just give you a hint. What you should be looking for in the manual is called "Live View".

Welcome to Nikonites and enjoy your Nikon.

colt1911

Thanks Marcel! By the time I hit send I'd already figured it out. Since it was sort'a sticking right out in front of me. "D'oh!!" The only manual that came with the camera is in Spanish. I'm not so good with Spanish..........

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks Marcel! By the time I hit send I'd already figured it out. Since it was sort'a sticking right out in front of me. "D'oh!!" The only manual that came with the camera is in Spanish. I'm not so good with Spanish..........
But you could easily download an English manual in pdf form.

Roy1961

Contributor
hello and welcome, do a search on nikons website for one, i have a d7000 manual on my phone, its there somewhere.

colt1911

Just a little bit about myself. I'm on the downward slope of 50's. I'm married for 31 years now. Two 20 y.o. kids.(Son and Daughter) One Grandson by my daughter. I live to ride my H-D Road King Classic and have taken many cross country trips. I also dabble from time to time writing about my journeys. But I'm not so good at that either but enjoy it none-the-less. You can read one of my road trip stories, if you like, at......... Rich's Bronson Story I hope to carry my new D5200 with me when I'm on the bike to keep a photo journal.

fotojack

AristillusUK

Actually Colt, you're on a upward slope of self-discovery and wisdom. I also write with regard to pictures I take and keep and display. As you write about your experiences, take a look at what you have photographed, because the images you capture and keep, equally present a narrative about you. Think in terms of why you took that particular shot, why you captured that scene, and what it is about it that you are seeking to convey...you will find some narrative of yourself in there somewhere.

Browncoat

Yup, that's my retirement plan.

Selling the house, selling it all except for my camera, a Harley, and a laptop. Then it's just me and the open road!

5bujuanirx

nice hint!
2.jpg

Last edited: