My tiny first steps are now live.

SkvLTD

And it feels really good to have my work be put to its intended use. I've been covering my friend Christian's live painting sessions for about half a year now and my shots finally made it onto his site after a major update.

The front page,
hofart1.jpg

And the Live Painting events page,

And now I can't wait to do a next one with what I consider a proper set of equipment.

SkvLTD

I still, don't really like any save the 2 B/W ones, but as artists say- if you don't like it, means you're growing.

SkvLTD

But it assumes you have a good idea of where you ultimately want to be. What I don't yet know, is what happens when you actually get there. Then again, if you say, make a magazine cover, that's probably an experience otherwordly in itself.

Lawrence

But it assumes you have a good idea of where you ultimately want to be. What I don't yet know, is what happens when you actually get there. Then again, if you say, make a magazine cover, that's probably an experience otherwordly in itself.

Well I thought of it this way; looking back on some of my earlier photos, which I really liked at the time, now make me cringe. And … some photos that I take these days are far superior to those (older ones) yet I still instinctively don't like them but can't explain why.

Conclusion: Cringe is good. :D

SkvLTD

Admittedly, perhaps 98% of my shots thus far I only liked in the moment to justify them to myself. Overall, I knew most were at best ok, but it's hard to motivate self-growth that way when you're just starting out. Past that, IMO, there ought to be a clear vision, constant cross-comparison, and thoughts how to get there sooner than later.