Daffodil in droplets

wornish

Rainy day so experimented with a macro of water droplets.

Trying to get the right size droplets and the right viewing angle is not easy. More practice needed.

This is the best so far

Daff.jpg

singlerosa_RIP

Here's something similar from a while back. I put a 4-pack of Crayolas under a glass, spritzed it with water and shot away. Upon review, I noticed the annoying flash reflection in the water beads. Oh well.....

JFS_5107.jpg

Pretzel

Rainy day so experimented with a macro of water droplets.

Trying to get the right size droplets and the right viewing angle is not easy. More practice needed.

This is the best so far

Messing around with ideas is how ya grow. I kind of like what you're doing here, so keep it up!

I put a 4-pack of Crayolas under a glass...

Like a regular water glass, or rather a sheet of glass? Just curious, as I've been toying with similar ideas lately.

singlerosa_RIP

Like a regular water glass, or rather a sheet of glass? Just curious, as I've been toying with similar ideas lately.

Regular glass - from a picture frame that was laying around. Put the glass on two Nikon lens boxes, which raised it up about 12". Cleaned it and applied RainX prior to spraying on water. Left it alone for about 15 minutes for the water to bead up. I have a Manfrotto 190 tripod that has an articulating center post, so I can position the camera directly above the glass and have the sensor in the same plane as the "subject". Here's another shot with something red underneath.

JFS_2555.jpg

Pretzel

Regular glass - from a picture frame that was laying around. Put the glass on two Nikon lens boxes, which raised it up about 12". Cleaned it and applied RainX prior to spraying on water. Left it alone for about 15 minutes for the water to bead up. I have a Manfrotto 190 tripod that has an articulating center post, so I can position the camera directly above the glass and have the sensor in the same plane as the "subject". Here's another shot with something red underneath.

View attachment 79674

RainX, etc. was my next question. Thanks for the info!