Pentax PK Lens to Nikon DSLR Mount Adapter with glass

Supersnapz

Hi all,

Im fairly new to digital SLR's. I was brought up on the likes of Pentax Me Super's and MX's. I am currently unemployed and dont have a lot of money, but i am lucky to own a Nikon D90.

The thing is..i have a few good pentax PK fit lenses, and I saw this advert on ebay (product number 120592942496) and was wondering if it was worth getting while saving for nikon lenses.

Can anyone give me some advice please....many thanks

PavementPilot

If you can work without metering, iTTL, TTL, then you could give it a try.
Using this adapter, most functions such as automatic diaphragm, auto-focusing, or other functions will not operate.
In this case "stop-down mode" will need to be used when metering since the lens does not have the ability to have its aperture controlled by the camera body. You can shoot with manual mode or aperture priority mode.

Check out my thread on an older lens Series E 50mm 1.8 mounted on a D3100. This would be the same as what you can expect from your idea.
http://nikonites.com/d3100/2043-series-e-lens-my-d3100.html#post13675

Last edited:

Ruidoso Bill

The glass or "Optics" are required since the relationship to the sensor is different due to the adapter. I would seriously doubt that the great qualities exhibited by pentax lense will be nearly as good as it was on the pentax body. There is a market for some of the older pentax lenses so why not sell them and buy truly compatible nikon lenses, just a thought.

PS - Some of my favorite film days lenses were pentax, loved the 85 mm, still have it.

Last edited:

Joseph Bautsch

Hi and welcome to the Nikonites Community. Well for $32 and free shipping you won't lose much. The add admit's that none of the lens functions are supported. That means you will be shooting in manual exposure and manual focusing. If the metering works at all how accurate will it be? Also the mount needs an adapter glass to adjust the lens focus point to fit the D90. What quality glass will you be getting for $32? Not much. If you just want something to play with while saving your pennies for a good Nikon lens go for it. I would not expect any quality photos to be produced. Keep us posted on how this works out for you.

Did you get a lens with that D90? Or just the body? Go ahead and complete your profile with a little info about yourself, camera and lens. What camera and lens did you use in shooting the photos in your gallery? Looks like you have some good shots there.

Supersnapz

Thank you for your advice guys, the D90 came with the 18-105mm and i bought the small flash (nikon d40?) havent used the flash as yet, the "pop up" flash on camera seems ok for what im doing at the mo. I would very much like a wider lens, sometimes I find the 18mm not wide enough....again cost!

PavementPilot

That would be the SB400, I believe. I dont know if the SB400 works as iTTL on the D90, but if it does, then you have a nice flash to work with. The SB400 is listed as an iTTL flash for the D3100.

Joseph Bautsch

The SB400 works as iTTL on the D90. I have the 18-105mm lens as well and it's my primary walk-around lens. Some people put the lens down because it is a "Kit Lens" but it has done a great job for me. I have taken a number of first place ribbons with photos taken with it. Always remember the camera and lens are just tools, the picture is taken be the photographer. Two lenses I might recommend you get and learn to use are the Nikkor 35mm, f/1.8 and the 50mm, f/1.8. Two great low light lenses and the 50mm is a great portrait lens. Neither one are that expensive.

Ruidoso Bill

18 mm (27 mm 35 mm equivilant) is a fairly wide lens. Currently my widest is my 18-200. I find mine pretty darn wide and use it frequently.