A question regarding shutter speed in EXIF here

SteveL54

I've noticed that when I hover over a picture here to look at the EXIF, the shutter speeds seem to be a little screwy.
Sometimes instead of 1/125 or 1/60 etc. it shows as 10/1250 and 10/600. When I look at my picture properties at home, the numbers seem correct. Is this just a glitch in the software here?

-= Steve =-

wornish

I've noticed this in other software as well.

I think its just the way the software decodes the EXIF data.

I agree it makes reading the shutter speed difficult sometimes.

WayneF

I've noticed that when I hover over a picture here to look at the EXIF, the shutter speeds seem to be a little screwy.
Sometimes instead of 1/125 or 1/60 etc. it shows as 10/1250 and 10/600. When I look at my picture properties at home, the numbers seem correct. Is this just a glitch in the software here?

-= Steve =-

Which Exif viewer are you using? Have you tried a different one?

The cameras change their Exif format sometimes, and many of the Exif viewers are antique, have not been updated in years.
I used to love PhotoME (for a Nikon D300), but the format changed so that much that stuff was wrong for a newer D800.
Switching to ExifTool was the magic.

The best and best supported viewer is Exiftool. Frequently updated. Free, ExifTool by Phil Harvey

However it is a command line interface. But there is easy workaround.. Near the bottom of this link (at Related Utilities - Window) is ExifTool GUI for Windows. Just install both in the same folder. Open (or drag your file to) ExifTool GUI, and it all works great in Windows.

Horoscope Fish

Which Exif viewer are you using? Have you tried a different one?
Pretty sure it's the new EXIF data feature here on the forum that's being asked about, I've noticed this minor anomaly myself. When I hover my cursor on a posted photo, sometimes the shutter speed displays oddly.